Old 26-01-2008, 07:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Strong urine odor

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message

from gary contains these words:

How do I get rid of a strong urine smell that occurs every morning in
the garden in front of my house? (I don't know what creature --cat,
dog, rat, possum or ??? -- is leaving the urine).

They are marking territory on an established travel route. Animals
are creatures of habit and often follow the same route every night if
nothing interrupts them, marking at the same spots. So, you need to
persuade that animal to take a different route.

You can reduce or prevent territory-marking behaviour by playing the
role of a dominant animal, marking the territory yourself with your own
urine each evening (before the animal visits). Of course you may still
smell pee there but you only need do it for a few days until the animal
establishes a new nocturnal route.

Janet

Just make sure your not facing traffic when you mark your territory, if
you don't want to be obliged to sign-up as a sex offender for the rest
of your life.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars