Old 26-01-2008, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeff Layman Jeff Layman is offline

Default Flagstone cleaning

Pam Moore wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:29:17 -0000, "Barb"
wrote:

Can anyone recommend something really good for cleaning flagstones?

I've tried the garden-centre algae killers, vinegar, strong
detergent, and I don't possess a power-washer and don't really want
to buy one just for this.

You can hire them, or hire a man with one. The quickest and most
efficient, and only uses water.

And electricity.

Yes, very good for cleaning any stone. Mind you, everything else will end
up filthy with the spray bouncing off - including the operator (been there,
done that, got the soaking wet clothes). But great fun on a hot day.

And it is also useful to clean the greenhouse at the end of the season. But
watch out that you use the spray only on glass. It will blast a hole
through plastic, particularly if it is brittle with age.

--
Jeff
(cut "thetape" to reply)