Old 26-01-2008, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Flagstone cleaning

On 26 Jan, 14:29, "Barb" wrote:
Can anyone recommend something really good for cleaning flagstones?
I've tried the garden-centre algae killers, vinegar, strong detergent, and I
don't possess a power-washer and don't really want to buy one just for this.
Is there anything strong and effective I can brush on and rinse off?

You got lots of answers there but didn't the stuff you got from the
garden centre, vinegar etc worked?! I supposed you've use a stiff
brush - I do and use hot water too. What do you have on these
flagstones?! I find it very little point doing it now - I usually wait
until beginning of april.

I used to have a fantastic power-washer, a wolf one but it broked. The
kids kept messing with it. Now like you I won't buy one but looking to
borrow one or share buy one with friends. It makes sense since I use
it once a year. And it won't be in my house at the reach of my kids!!