Old 27-01-2008, 10:43 AM posted to austin.gardening
Kathleen[_1_] Kathleen[_1_] is offline

Default Deer Trouble

And I'd never try to kill a full sized deer with a .22 round. That'd be
slow and cruel. Even with our itty bitty goat-sized Texas White Tails,
it'd take a proper/lucky shot. :-(

Unless you are into miles of tracking...

My 12yo shot her first buck this year with a .22 - very close range, perfect
shot, and he dropped where he was standing.

With hope and heart,
Kathleen

But, I do agree with you that Crossbows are the perfect assassination
weapon, due to their silence. They can't tell where the shot came from.
That is why they tend to be regulated.

http://budk.com/default.asp?bhcd2=1201108434 sells a decent one for a
reasonable price.

Along with extra "ammo.". g
--
Peace, Om

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who
don't."
-- Thomas Jefferson