Old 27-01-2008, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Flagstone cleaning

On 26/1/08 21:58, in article , "Granity"
wrote:
[color=blue][i]
Jeff Layman;771840 Wrote:
Pam Moore wrote:-
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:29:17 -0000, "Barb"
lid
wrote:

Can anyone recommend something really good for cleaning flagstones?

I've tried the garden-centre algae killers, vinegar, strong
detergent, and I don't possess a power-washer and don't really want
to buy one just for this.-

Last winter I left a large unopened bag of compost lying flat on the
patio, when I moved it in the spring the slabs underneath were cleaned
to the original state, I've been trying to work out why so that I can
reproduce the effect over a large area.

The plastic killed off the weeds and prevented re-growth? A plastic coered
patio is unlikely to be a thing of beauty, though! ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk