Old 27-01-2008, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Barb[_4_] Barb[_4_] is offline

Default Flagstone cleaning

Thanks for all the replies, folks! I've tried all of them, I think...
Jeyes, bleach, vinegar, sand and elbow grease. I did borrow a power washer
from my son four years ago and it really did the job, so I think that's the
route I'm going to have to go, unfortunately. I have a lot of flagstones
and some brick-design paths, which are also dowdy now.

Oh well, I can't borrow the boy's again, cos he lives in Hampshire now, so I
suppose I'll have to buy one. A cheapie will have to do, and - as
suggested - I'll wait for warmer weather, because you do get soaked!!!

And it'll do for the car!

Thnx again.

You got lots of answers there but didn't the stuff you got from the
garden centre, vinegar etc worked?! I supposed you've use a stiff
brush - I do and use hot water too. What do you have on these
flagstones?! I find it very little point doing it now - I usually wait
until beginning of april.