Old 27-01-2008, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Tom is offline

Default Fatsia - indoors for winter?

Hi, I've just been given a fatsia japonica. It's about 2 feet high and
bushy, but in a very small shallow pot.

I'll re-pot it in spring, but is it best kept indoors until then please?

Indoor environment - cool, warm in the evenings when I've got the
heating on. Choice of south or east facing windows or shade. I guess the
air is pretty dry.

Outside environment - choice or direct sunlight or shade, but very very
windy (it's a riverside terrace so the air is never still). It'll be
blown over in minutes if I don't surround it with bricks.

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Tom