Old 27-01-2008, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Flagstone cleaning

"Barb" wrote in message
Thanks for all the replies, folks! I've tried all of them, I think...
Jeyes, bleach, vinegar, sand and elbow grease. I did borrow a power
washer from my son four years ago and it really did the job, so I think
that's the route I'm going to have to go, unfortunately. I have a lot of
flagstones and some brick-design paths, which are also dowdy now.

Oh well, I can't borrow the boy's again, cos he lives in Hampshire now, so
I suppose I'll have to buy one. A cheapie will have to do, and - as
suggested - I'll wait for warmer weather, because you do get soaked!!!

And it'll do for the car!

Thnx again.

Barb

Make up a strong solution of Fairy Washing up liquid and scrub it well into
the stones. (At least twice as strong as when washing the dishes)

Keep the stones wet with this solution for 24 hours.

Keep scrubbing the solution in with a Deck Scrubber or stiff brush ( Not
tooooo much hard work)

Power clean :-))

It worked for me.

Kind regards