Old 27-01-2008, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default uk.rec.gardening.allotments

Sacha says...
I can't really see the point in an allotment group. People who post here
that grow vegetables or flowers for cutting, don't always use allotments to
do so! Allotmenteers would lose their experience and tips and vice versa,
it seems to me. An allotment is just another garden, after all.

Another issue would be "grey areas". For example fruit
trees, gardening tools, propagators, seeds and seedlings,
pests and diseases. Should they post to URG or to the
allotment group? They could always cross-post I suppose,
but those of us who have a news reader set to block cross-
posts would not see such posts at all then!
--
David in Normandy