Old 27-01-2008, 04:56 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default Stocking the new pond

~ jan wrote:

Gill, sorry I didn't respond earlier, it was one of "those" weeks.

No worries....we all have "one of those weeks" from time to time....

I agree shubunkins would be a good pick, or look for wakins. As far as how
many, I'd only start with 3, they'll make their own. When is too many? When
your filter can't do the job. Water tests tell all. ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

The Wakins look interesting from a quick google search but I've not seen
them on sale locally. I'll take a good look when the LFS's start getting
in their stock for the spring. Maybe a mix of shubunkins and wakins
would be possible

Thanks
Gill