Old 27-01-2008, 05:28 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default The heron file. A perrenial problem (Part one)

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:52:11 CST, Gill Passman
wrote:

Kingfishers - beautiful, stunning birds.....

If Kingfishers are a problem in your area, prior to putting fish in get a
few little orange (plastic) fish called heron scarers:

Okay, you better-googlers-than-I help me find what use to be called The
Heron Scarer. It is a skinny orange fish about 5" long that sold for around
$3, so getting several was no hardship for most.

I kept a school in my lily pond prior to the fish going out and I can only
assume that has kept the fish kingfisher free. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us