Old 28-01-2008, 02:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Peach leaf curl - copper or sulfur to treat?

Correction: Dr. Shigo was in the USAF Band. Sorry!

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..

"D. Staples" wrote in message

Shigo is your god, fine, but life is more important than worshiping a
corpse.

You obviously never had the opportunity in your life time to meet Dr.
Shigo. Sad, very sad. That's really sad. He also served our country, was
in the U.S.A.F. Many people have interacted with Dr. Shigo in his life
time. Most people that understand trees have great respect for the work
of Dr. Shigo. You gain no popularity by many professionals on your
criticism of his teachings. He gave more than most people could handle in
workshops on tree biology. He understood many things. Each program with
him seamed to move on to a higher level. He would do anything to help
someone understand trees and their associates. I am not a very good
reader. I have not read many books. I have read most of his literature,
many of his over 200 publications in refereed journals (I have many of
them in my file cabinet. If someone is looking for one of his papers I may
have it.) and listen to him on more occasions than I can count. I saw, I
heard, I felt and I understand. Many others have as well. The thought
that you have not is sad to me. He is probably somewhere right now with
John Martin teaching someone. Did you know John Martin from South
Carolina?

Obama Rocks!
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Forester & Tree Expert
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding
us that we are not the boss.