Old 28-01-2008, 01:29 AM posted to aus.gardens
jones jones is offline

Default Peach drooling

We have had a 2 apricot trees for a few years. Believe it they grew from
seed. Honestly.

However we have yet to enjoy any fruit as they drop before they get to a
good size.

Do you think it is lack of water that's doing that? I know the birds come
and could knock them down, but so many?

thanks
Katherine

well we've been trying to join you, but having a few problems & having to
eat the peaches not-quite-ripe! it is a bit frustrating. something is
stinging the fruits so they have brown rotting patches as they ripen.
still, the edible remainders are pretty good. those which don't have
fruit-fly, that is ;-) i was also getting mad at the birds for getting
into them, until dh pointed out that the birds aren't causing nearly as
much damage as the bugs are. good point.

i'm hoping that next year we'll be having more fruit with fewer problems
(getting informed might help, eh.)
enjoy your peaches!
kylie