Old 27-01-2008, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mikey[_1_] Mikey[_1_] is offline

Default Cheap sources of wood to make raised beds...?

Robert (Plymouth) wrote:
"Wally" wrote in message
"Mikey" wrote in message
Does anyone have any tips on sources of planks to make raised beds?
Preferably cheap / free and in or near Manchester?

Cheers

Ta

Mike

Don't know about your area Mike but around here (Milton Keynes) a
tour around the industrial estates comes up with a mountain of the stuff,
mainly pallets that can be broken down and used for whatever.
All free
Possibly the same where you are.
HTH

Wally

Also some building firms dump planks that are past their sell by date for
safety but will do for the garden and they may drop them off for you if you
ask

Yeah...that's the sort of thing I was thinking of, old floorboards or
similar, but I guess if they're not rotten, they don't throw them out.
We just don't get the same quality of skip up here in the north!