Old 28-01-2008, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default RFD: uk.rec.gardening.allotments

I just wished they were more people attracted to this forum from
city farms and urban community gardens etc. It doesn't seem to
interest many people here and I just don't know why. Perhaps you know?

That is certainly a valid point. In conversations I've had
with others, most are oblivious the the existence of Usenet
full stop, not specifically URG. To most people the
internet simply means web pages viewed through internet
explorer or firefox. Usenet - what's that - never heard of
it?

When you think there are many thousands of gardeners and
allotment holders the percentage that actually discover URG
is incredibly small. An observation I have made over the
years is that a lot of people who do use newsgroups are
either current or ex professional computer people,
programmers etc.

--
David in Normandy