Old 28-01-2008, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Flagstone cleaning

In article ,
(Carol Hague) writes:

| I never clean cars, except to sell them, and I haven't done that in
| decades. Why should one bother with anything except the windows,
| lights etc.?
|
| Because if you don't, small scratches from road detritus may go
| unnoticed, and cause rust patches that ultimately destroy the car.
|
| Assuming it's got any metal parts, that is.

You have swallowed the propaganda put out by the vendors of car wash
gimmickry. That is a well-known urban myth.

Virtually no car bodywork ever fails for that reason - almost all
of the rust-through failures (like, 99.99%) are due to rust that
starts underneath the car or inside the panels and members. You
are more likely to CAUSE damage by washing a car than to detect it.

I shan't respond further on this one, as it is off-group.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.