Old 28-01-2008, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Which weed is this

On Jan 28, 1:20 pm, "Robert \(Plymouth\)"
remove my other hobby to reply
wrote:
A group from our association have made a lovely memorial garden at the
Woodside Animal Sanctuarywww.theonly.net/woodside but this weed is
starting to come through in different placeshttp://tinyurl.com/2396p6
Can you tell me what it is and the best way to deal with it please? Got a
feeling it's a nasty one. Have seen a yellow flower coming on one of the
plants. Look forward(?) to your replies.

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments
Best Allotment Site in Plymouth

Everyone guessed it as lesser celandine which looks right. It is not
really that nasty; it spreads around slowly but you can get it out by
just pulling it out as you see it. It actually dies down in early
Summer and so you only really see it in Spring so it does not look so
bad for most of the year. I like it as a plant as it is a good
harbinger (posh word of the day) of better weather to come.

Des