Old 28-01-2008, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Carol Hague Carol Hague is offline

Default Flagstone cleaning

Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article ,
(Carol Hague) writes:

| I never clean cars, except to sell them, and I haven't done that in
| decades. Why should one bother with anything except the windows,
| lights etc.?
|
| Because if you don't, small scratches from road detritus may go
| unnoticed, and cause rust patches that ultimately destroy the car.
|
| Assuming it's got any metal parts, that is.

You have swallowed the propaganda put out by the vendors of car wash
gimmickry. That is a well-known urban myth.

shrug I've found small scratches on my van that were rusting when I
washed it (with washing up liquid, hot water and a sponge FYI).

I wouldn't have looked that closely at the paintwork had I not been
washing it. Not that I wash it very often, only when the earache gets
intolerable, then I wash the van and he stops nagging :-)

I shan't respond further on this one, as it is off-group.

Fair enough.
--
Carol
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put