Old 28-01-2008, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default CarolineC

On 28/1/08 15:05, in article ,
"The lowerer of standards G4SDW" wrote:

Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from CarolineC
contains these words:

I have a lemon tree in my garden in South Africa. The leaves have
what looks like a black fungus and also white sticky "cotton" looking
nasties. All this is under the leaves. Can anyone help and tell me
what to do please?

I doubt very much if anyone in *the United Kingdom* has a lemon tree
in their garden... What did you think "UK" stands for?

Do you have broken glass scattered around your garden?

What a cow!

The thing is, Caroline, that gardening in SA and gardening in UK are so
completely different. There have been other responses to your post but Anne
has a point that can help you, too. UK has a totally different climate and
indeed, totally different bugs/problems. While you may well get info that
will help you from a UK group, it's also possible that some of it won't be
relevant to your circumstances. Is there an SA gardening group or would you
like to start one to deal with the fabulous flora of SA?
We grow lemon trees here but not outside and we're in one of the warmest
areas of the British Isles.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk