Old 29-01-2008, 12:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Robinson Peter Robinson is offline

Default uk.rec.gardening.allotments

Sacha wrote:

On 27/1/08 18:27, in article , "K"
wrote:

Isn't this a repeat of the same request from the same guy a couple of
years back?

It's certainly been tried some years ago but I don't remember the name of
the person suggesting it. IIRC, it wasn't a popular proposition.

I have an archive of unnc going back quite a while before then. I've
just re-read that thread. The proponent was Gary Poston. He did post a
few repetitive responses, but without really addressing the issues. He
did at least manage to post a proper RFC back then though

I'll be charitable and say no more than that his summary of discussion
in the Call For Votes stretches the truth. In the end, the vote was
26:12 against. New group creations in uk.* need a +12 margin to win, so
he needed more than 3 times as many YES votes than he actually got.

The 2004 RFD:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....e_thread/threa
d/4ae9a455f475fb53/90fe781a02ed4c36?q=%22RFD%3A+uk.rec.gardening.allo tme
nts%22&lnk=ol&

The results:
http://www.ukvoting.org.uk/results/r...g.allotments-2

Regards,