Old 29-01-2008, 07:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
sylvan butler[_5_] sylvan butler[_5_] is offline

Default English Ivy, training to grow on Smooth Vinyl Fence

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 22:49:16 -0700, Dale P wrote:
3M command adhesive comes in small hooks that could be used to support the
twine. Much more reliable than suction cups and probably even cheaper. The
hooks are reusable with a new adhesive pad, so they could be moved up the
fence as the ivy takes over, to prevent the twine being so visible. Yet, I
think that ivy over the vinyl fence is not going to work well for you, it is
worth a try. The vinyl fences I have seen are very smooth and slick. I
just don't know if ivy will cling to it well enough to stay. But, I do

Exactly. But I imagine a little bit of sandblast (or even just
sandpaper) to roughen the surface...

removable, biodegradable, or both. I'd rather there be no damage to
the fence except the necessary damage caused by the ivy roots. Thanks

A bit of roughen is insignificant compared to ivy.

sdb

--
What's seen on your screen? http://PcScreenWatch.com
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com