Old 21-02-2003, 10:15 PM
paghat

Default Bees in your Garden?

In article , zxcvbob wrote:

So, if I build a mason bee condo, will they come? Or do I have to buy bee
cocoons from a dealer the first year?

Best regards,
Bob, in South East Minnesota

From my limited experience, they find the little condos all by themselves,
though they're notoriously lazy about distances so it probably does depend
on the density of the population that already exists in your neighborhood.
Your query reminded me I have to quick make or buy a second bee condo so
they'll be on both sides of the house instead of just on one side like
last year.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"