Old 29-01-2008, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default Eucalyptus tree

On Jan 29, 3:02*pm, wrote:
This is my first time posting here, but I'm hoping you can give me
some advice.
I read this previous thread with interest: *http://tinyurl.com/2cuh86.

I'm afraid I have no idea what species my eucalyptus is: it was here
when we bought the house. *I'm in Cambridgeshire.
My tree is quite close to my house (~4m), but actually closer to my
neighbour's. *I'd estimate it to be around 4-5m tall and it seems like
around a metre of this growth has been in the last year (but do
correct me if that sounds wildly inaccurate).

I'd like to know whether I ought to get someone out to lop it or
remove it altogether or whether it's safe to leave it (I really like
it). *I've been rather scared by the idea it could grow extremely
tall, but also confused by the number of species and effect of
climate. *Also, if I need to get it seen to - are there any rough
ideas as to the cost?

I should add that my gardening knowledge is virtually non-existant.
Grateful for any hints.
Jo

Jo, it all depends on what type of Eucalyptus it is. I had Eucalyptus
Gunni about 3 metres from the house and it didn't create any
problems. Google Gunni and see if that is any help to you.

Judith