Old 29-01-2008, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeff Layman Jeff Layman is offline

Default Eucalyptus tree

judith.lea wrote:

Jo, it all depends on what type of Eucalyptus it is. I had Eucalyptus
Gunni about 3 metres from the house and it didn't create any
problems.

It probably wouldn't until it gets to 20m and blows over onto the house
(they often have shallow root systems), or drops a large branch onto it.
See section 9 he
http://www.nhbc.co.uk/NHBCpublicatio...d,15901,en.pdf

Most of the hardy eucalypts can grow to quite a size. And they are quick.
I made the mistake of thinking that E. rodwayi was a small tree (probably
misread "m" as "ft"). When it grew to more than 6m in 4 years from seed, I
checked and found it would make more than 20m. I dug it up PDQ.

--
Jeff
(cut "thetape" to reply)