Old 29-01-2008, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Eucalyptus tree

On 29 Jan, 16:25, wrote:
It certainly looks like the images of gunni: round leaves, silvery
with a tinge of red at times. *Don't recall seeing any flowers on it.
I will have a look at it when I get home.

Sounds like it is quite young if you still have round leaves, as this
is the juvenal stage. As it matures, it will get longer leaves and
more leaves will go red and fall. If you like it like this, I would
get a surgeon to prune it, not chop it down! It is still at a
manageable stage and therefore I don't see why it should go. Perhaps
ask the surgeon to bring it to a level you can then manage yourself.
If you keep pruning it every other year, you could enjoy it's off cuts
in flower arrangements around your home, dry some leaves to perfume
some room and see the flowers appear no doubt very soon - sounds like
your tree is about 4 years old.

ps. the most the eucalyptus grow in one year is around 20cm - I can't
immagine 1m, but with the weird weather we've had, nothing is
impossible anymore!