Old 29-01-2008, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Eucalyptus tree

On 29/1/08 16:25, in article
,
" wrote:

On Jan 29, 3:51*pm, wrote:

Can you describe the leaves - are they round or long, do they turn red
in the autumn and do you get little pompom white flowers in the spring
and finally is the bark dark or does it peel off at places.

It certainly looks like the images of gunni: round leaves, silvery
with a tinge of red at times. Don't recall seeing any flowers on it.
I will have a look at it when I get home.

It seems the most probable, I'd say, only because it's the best known. Of
course, that in itself isn't conclusive! The flowers are silvery and leave
cup shaped fruit. You *might* have Eucalyptus cinerea, the silver dollar
gum, but that's pretty unusual.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk