Old 29-01-2008, 05:16 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default The heron file. A perrenial problem (Part one)

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 14:12:59 CST, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:

We apparently have smarter Kingfisher in TN.

Apparently, but I did mention, use the fake fish prior to a problem,

There was no reason to use a fake fish prior to the problem. We didn't even
know we had Kingfishers here or that herons would come right up to the
houses. After a few attempts at the fake fish, they quickly learned to
ignore it.

just
like the motion sprinklers and all the other things other than nets.
Prevention is better than the cure. ~ jan

You can't know what to prevent until it shows up at your pond. I had never
seen Kingfishers here until the ponds were put in.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.