Old 29-01-2008, 06:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Tale of The Kingfisher

What a tale! That Kingfisher sounds like that male Cardinal we had here
that was abnormally stupid and unable to learn.

Kathy, thankfully you & I live in a state where all the birds appear to be
abnormally stupid. LOL!

As far as movement, my fake fish move from the currents/flow in the pond. A
smart Kingfisher will go for the smaller fish, why they choose the fake
fish. Once the bird makes that first splash the rest of the fish go into
hiding. As far as the heron, it is going for the bright, yet easily
accessible fake fish close to the side of a pond.

IMHO, the reason a heron can clean out a pond is because of it's stealth
while fishing. As long as they can grab without much splash the rest of the
school has no clue what is going on. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us