Old 29-01-2008, 06:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default The heron file. A perrenial problem (Part one)

You can't know what to prevent until it shows up at your pond. I had never
seen Kingfishers here until the ponds were put in. RM

People can if they do a little research in their area before putting fish
in... assuming they'll take the advice. I didn't know either bird would
come into a backyard pond either, until I was informed by the pond club I
joined before I even finished the pond.

I'm sorry only nets work for you, Carol, but I don't see the need to keep
knocking what others have found success with that doesn't involve a net.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us