Old 29-01-2008, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Eucalyptus tree

On 29/1/08 20:32, in article
,
" wrote:

On Jan 29, 6:01*pm, Sacha wrote:
It seems the most probable, I'd say, only because it's the best known. *Of
course, that in itself isn't conclusive! * The flowers are silvery and leave
cup shaped fruit. *You *might* have Eucalyptus cinerea, the silver dollar
gum, but that's pretty unusual.

Just in case you don't see my other post about Eucalyptus perriniana, you
might like to look that one up on Google images, too.

I've googled E perriniana and E cinerea and it's definitely neither of
those.

I went out to have a look and it has some rounder leaves with a tinge
of red, but some of the leaves are more of a narrow oval.
The bark is smooth and peeling. I looked at a photo of the E gunni
flowers, and I really don't think it's ever flowered.
It's in a south/east facing position.

It may not get enough sun/light hours to flower, so don't worry about that.

I must admit, I'm beginning to think it's time to get someone to bring
it under control. If it's going to continue growing much more, it
does seem to be rather too close (and you can bet if it goes over, it
will be into my neighbour's house!)

They take to cutting back pretty well and IME, they grow fast.

Thanks for all your responses, much appreciated
Jo

Hope it's all been of some help.

--
Sacha