Old 30-01-2008, 06:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default how do you...

I've never had any luck repelling deer. I understand it takes persistent
application of things like rotten eggs dispersed in soapy water. Some
stuff is sold that does not work. I had a neighbor buy fox urine. I
told her it would not work because I've used it as a masking scent while
deer hunting. Same with skunk.

In the dead of winter, deer will eat anything. They may starve to death
from malnutrition but their stomachs are never empty. Physical barrier
is only real solution. Netting can work well but a big herd might get
them rammy and they can knock it down.