Old 30-01-2008, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Good years for Hellebores

"Sacha" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
I don't know if others have noticed this but our Helleborus seem to be
doing
especially well this year. One dark pink/purple one came out in October
and
since then, they've all been opening steadily and flowering very well.
ISTR
Charlie saying his had started flowering early. We have one especially
pretty pure white double one that we don't know the name of us but it's
beautiful.

Wish I could say the same here, nice dark one we have had for years came
out
and promptly the plant died! :-)

Oh! Any idea why?

Could have been the detritus from the pond filters being too rich, but then
I always put that in the same place, the Camellias nearby seem to love it.
Perhaps this time it was just too much, the final straw.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden