Old 30-01-2008, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default 1940's Garden

"JennyC" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
I have been invited to present a 1940's Night and would love to know what
you grew in your garden in the 1940's. I would also welcome any recipe
from the 1940's

AND, jokes from the 1940's???????????
Mike

I didn't have a garden in the 1940's but I remember my granddad's..... :~)

WW II jokes:
http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/87/3707.html
http://new-joke-everyday.blogspot.co...ld-war-ii.html
and a LOT more he http://fun.xaviermedia.com/jokes/war/

Stuff about rationing in wwII
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ww2peopleswar/s...a2915705.shtml
http://www.birchovervillage.co.uk/bi...ortiesFood.htm

Old British music hall joke: 'My dog's got no nose'. 'How does he smell?'
'Terrible

Slightly older (1920's) but still popular when I was young: Albert and the
Lion :
http://monologues.co.uk/Albert_and_the_Lion.htm

Jenny

Thank you Jenny I have 'stored' them. Had quite a few funny ones sent to me
today, not all WWII but nevertheless funny. The trouble I have in telling
jokes is remembering them all and the punch line ;-)

Mike

After a lot of trouble www.nsrafa.org is now up and running for the National
Service RAF man