Old 30-01-2008, 11:11 PM posted to bionet.plants
bulucanagria bulucanagria is offline

Default Strange Fungi

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/562324067tCDHJq

At least I believe that's what it is. They look like flowers but have no
foliage and are growing on an old rotting stump. It's fairly deep down in a
steep wooded valley with a stream flowing down the hill from it. It's a very
humid, lush area, especially for being located in south central
NH. I've always loved these pictures (the second one is my
desktop)and would really love to know what these beautiful plants are.
Thanks would go to anyone who could enlighten me.
Danny Blue

My apologies for earlier trying to post photo attachments. The absence of
large files should have alerted me to the protocol.