Old 31-01-2008, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Anyone recognise this

On 31/1/08 08:27, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

In article ,
says...
This plant was labelled with what I assume was a cultivar name - 'Gill
Lewis' - but didn't have any indication of what genus or species it
belonged to.

http://www.stewart.hinsley.me.uk/Images/GillLewis.jpg

Does anyone recognise it?

I am in agreement with Bob and Sacha achemines or streptocarpus a picture
of the whole plant would clinch it although I would favour achemines as I
feel you would have recognised a streptocarpus from its leaves. There are
no plants called Gill Lewis in the current plant finder so that is
probably the name of the person who raised it to sell it!

Sometimes plants get given the name (accidentally) of the person who
propagated them and then handed them on to another person, who....etc. etc.
Ray was given an unknown Canna by someone who had brought it back from
Lesotho. He jokingly called it 'Lesotho Lil' and we were amused to find it
in the Plant Finder some years later!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk