Old 31-01-2008, 06:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Garden Pests - How To Get Rid Of Garden Pests And Keep Your Garden Healthy!

In article
,
fryedaddy wrote:

Whether you are in Hawaii or Arizona, when the topic centers on
gardening, one of the tests that gardening lovers commonly face is
that of pest control. Even though organic approaches have been always
present and have been applied for gardening, controlling bugs in the
developed world right from... Click the link below to read the entire
article

http://www.articlesofinformation.com...To-Get-Rid-Of-
Garden-Pests-And-Keep-Your-Garden-Healthy-/26146

Basically, the article boils down to:

Collecting information regarding the look, behavior, adversaries, and
the life sequence of pests gives gardeners the chance to eliminate
destructive insects from the garden.

Uh-huh. Why didn't I think of that?
---------

Use plants that resist disease and insects.

You mean instead of the seeds I now use that are "intended only as food
for insects and inoculating mildew cultures"?
---------

Use crop rotation.

What, just when I've finally found a place in my yard where something
will grow, I have to move it?
---------

Get rid of damaged plants.

The insects and the slugs do a good job of that but they're what I'm
trying to get rid of.
---------

Develop the soil, snipping(?), and place strong posts to support plants
off the ground.

Uh, Isn't that called gardening?
---------

Pick-off or stomp offending pests.

I think this is where I came in:-(
---------

Why am I unsatisfied with these answers?
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Sto...917874,00.html