Old 31-01-2008, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Good years for Hellebores

On 31/1/08 17:12, in article
, "Sacha"
wrote:

On 31/1/08 17:00, in article
,
"judith.lea" wrote:

On Jan 30, 11:12*pm, Sacha wrote:

snip What I really, really need is a couple of tubes of Baume de
Pyrenées!
--

Consider it done, just so long as you don't want La Prairie, I can
oblige :-)

Judith

La Prairie - fat chance!! But I'll be very grateful for the Baume. The
French Chemist in Jersey that used to sell it has disappeared.

BTW, meant to say that if you can get hold of the Baume, do get some for
yourself. My Italian mother outlaw put me on to it years ago and I've been
a devotee ever since. I recommend it highly for burns, including sunburn,
as long as there's no open wound. It's made from a multitude of herbs, bees
wax and propolis AFAIR and is absolutely brilliant at relieving the pain of
a burn. It's good for e.g. dry lips from winter gardening and walks. If
any urglers are going to France, try to find it because it's great for
nettle stings, too!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk