Old 31-01-2008, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default Good years for Hellebores

On Jan 31, 5:37*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 31/1/08 17:12, in article
, "Sacha"

wrote:
On 31/1/08 17:00, in article
,
"judith.lea" wrote:

On Jan 30, 11:12*pm, Sacha wrote:

snip What I really, really need is a couple of tubes of Baume de
Pyrenées!
--

Consider it done, just so long as you don't want La Prairie, I can
oblige :-)

Judith

La Prairie - fat chance!! *But I'll be very grateful for the Baume. *The
French Chemist in Jersey that used to sell it has disappeared.

BTW, meant to say that if you can get hold of the Baume, do get some for
yourself. *My Italian mother outlaw put me on to it years ago and I've been
a devotee ever since. *I recommend it highly for burns, including sunburn,
as long as there's no open wound. *It's made from a multitude of herbs, bees
wax and propolis AFAIR and is absolutely brilliant at relieving the pain of
a burn. *It's good for e.g. dry lips from winter gardening and walks. *If
any urglers are going to France, try to find it because it's great for
nettle stings, too!
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

The Pharmacy at Venet la Varenne are sure to have it and if they don't
they will order anything, they are wonderful. I was in there when our
GP came in, I got 2 kisses on the cheek, and asked how I was. I said
" fine thanks, I'm just going to put my arm in the blood pressure
machine" he waited to see the result, nodded approvingly, kissed me
goodbye and off he went, I didn't get that in England.

They sell the most wonderful Eau de Cologne made with Iris and Lily of
the Valley, I sprayed it on liberally and smelled just like a perfumed
garden.

Judith