Old 01-02-2008, 11:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
jacko jacko is offline

Default Float charger

Yes it's the same. It's important to have a battery charger/tender with a
float or maintenance mode. Other than that, there is a risk of over charging
and frying the battery.
"Herb and Eneva" wrote in message
Today I was playing in the garage and decided to start the riding
mower. Well the battery is dead. My neighbor says that he keeps a float
charger on his all winter.
Can someone tell me what a float charger is and what does it do? Is it
the same as a battery maintaner? Thanks for any info