Old 02-02-2008, 08:43 AM posted to mn.politics,misc.consumers,rec.gardens,misc.invest.stocks,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default John McCain, liar and liberal punk

sherwindu wrote

John McCain is one of the bravest, giving, and honorable men
ever to have served his country. He is deserving of the highest
levels of respect.People of good intent my not want him to be
president, based on political views, but that does not detract
from his lifetime of dedication to his heritage and nation.

I am one lifetime Democrat, who will vote for McCain.

I agree most heartedly. McCain is running on the Republican
ticket, but he is truly an Independent, who is not tied to party
dictates, as are the other candidates. He has a track record
to prove his independence. Pulling out of Iraq without stabilizing
the area is one of the worst things we can do.

Correct. But none of the other candidates that have
any chance of getting elected want to do that either.

Until we can free ourselves from the dependency
on oil (and that will not happen overnight),

It wont happen at all, you watch.

we need to keep that region safe from certain factions
who are trying to unstablize the Western world.

So you support the invasion of Iran too ?

After the fiasco that Iraq turned into ?

It is true that there have not been any more terror attacks on the scale of 9/11,

And not even any even close to that in the US either.

but if these crazies get a hold of the oil and the revenue it
brings in, they will have the capability to do lots more damage.

Wrong. Thats what funded 9/11.

We are still seeing terror attacks in Europe
and Asia, so the terrorist threat is not gone.

Corse it isnt. BUT the invasion of Iraq actually dramatically
increased the terrorist threat, it didnt reduce it.

True, we are continuing to lose troops in Iraq, but putting
things in perspective, we lost almost as many troops in
one day (D-Day), than we have lost in the entire Iraq war.

Correct. BUT WW2 was just a tad more important than Iraq can ever be.

In those days, we did not see the daily names of soldiers and
sailors lost in WWII because of lack of modern communications
and concerns for support of the war. Now we see daily reports
of every single causualty on our TV's. It keeps the TV networks
and newspapers in business, but does little to support our troops.

Irrelevant to whether Iraq should have ever been invaded in the first place.