Old 02-02-2008, 10:11 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob Bob is offline

Default Float charger

"Herb and Eneva" wrote in message
Today I was playing in the garage and decided to start the riding
mower. Well the battery is dead. My neighbor says that he keeps a
float
charger on his all winter.
Can someone tell me what a float charger is and what does it do?
Is it
the same as a battery maintaner? Thanks for
any info

Actually, he is right, but for me, I use an ordinary charger, and on
the first of every month, summer & winter, I put the charger on at
its lowest setting. It usually takes less than ten minutes for the
charger to indicate full charge. This has served me well because
last year I finally replaced the original battery in my eleven year
old rider.
Bob-tx