Old 02-02-2008, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] dahliaman.123@googlemail.com is offline

Default allotment site how is it going

the weather is cold snow on ground.seed pots arrived. hollyhocks
tranplanted into pots.dahlias ok lost one .broad beans sown pots.
tundra and durham early cabbage taste fine.will sow hispi cabbage in
tray and transplant under clotches.the parsnips gladiator are big
taste great.leeks mussel a bit dissapointed not as good as last
year.all the digging has been done.i hope we dont av the weather we
had last year may etc.a lot of people had potatoe blight crops
faild .i got away with it .carrots and carrot fly a problem dont seem
to control it when sewn in ground no matter what i do .growig red cord
in tubs was ok .nothing taste like a fresh carrot. anyway looking
forward to the first butter fly and summer visitor .red admiral on
8/1/07.last year and a chiffchaff on 23/ 3/07 both very early for us
esp the red admiral.jack snipe ,wheatear ,pheasent called into see
us.the hedge round the site has been cut by the coucil so should be ok
for the hedge sparrows that we have when breeding time comes.anybody
thoughts about the instrument that measures ph of soil r they any
good.also whats this allotmenteering .why not going to the allotment
or is it me getting sad.please excuse just started this cyber space
lark computor also. keep diggin.