Old 02-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Roots Roots is offline
Registered User

Unhappy Orchid problem

Hi,
First post here.
I repotted my orchids two weeks ago with orchid compost which had been outside. A few days later I noticed flies - lots of flies and killed as many as I could. One of my orchids that I couldn't salvage was dying at the time.
I could only put this down to flies laying eggs in the compost outside. What I'm worried about is that my plants will be damaged.
I have just purchased some new compost and not sure if I should repot them again so soon - but obviously don't want the flies to do any more damage.
Should I soak them in water in a bucket and repot them tomorrow? Do you think they could handle more handling? Do you think they will be permanently damaged?

Very grateful for any advice