Old 03-02-2008, 01:35 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Gardening in rainy weather and how to dry out the mud

"Zootal" wrote in message
Question: I have an old plastic 10' diameter swimming pool liner. If I
were to spread that on the ground, would the soil under it dry out enough
that I could work with it (dig in it, plant stuff, etc.)? I'm in the mid
Wilammette Valley, Oregon, and it rains and rains and rains this time of
year, and my entire back yard is mud, and remains mud until late April,
maybe not until May.

If you have decent drainage, the soil under the plastic will be drier than
the surrounding area, but it could still be too wet to work.

Why don't you try it and report back on the results?