Old 03-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Roots Roots is offline
Registered User

Hi and thanks for the above.
All orchids have been soaked and flushed and the area they sit has been given a good clean.

No sign of flies for now... Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_OK View Post
I would just give them a good soaking in water. You could add a little dish
soap to the water or even an insecticidal soap ( I'm not into synthetic
insecticides). My first fall bringing in my plants in I was shocked at the
insects that had moved into my orchid pots especially the roaches and ants.
I flushed all the pots with the soapy water and didn't see a sign of the
pest all winter - I keep mine inside under lights. Of course most will say
not to reuse the water so as not to spread disease to the other plants but
soapy water is pretty cheap.

Mark