Old 03-02-2008, 07:57 PM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected] rainman@mailinator.com is offline

Default Spider Web problem at night?

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 03:29:23 +1100, "Sarah White" wrote:

Hi,

Sorry to ask this question in aus garden- but just wondering whether other
people here have experienced this problem before. At night, every now and
then I think something like spider webs fall on my face or feel spiders
crawling on my body. Problem is they are invsible - I can't see them - and
I'm not sure whether they are spiders, or mites etc.. I do feel them and
don't think its my imagination. During the day- the problem is not there.

There are no tell-tale red bite marks so I guess they aren't mites.

Anyone here experienced the same thing? I rang my doc friend about it - but
she just said it was probably dust which I doubt.

I had the house steam cleaned two months ago, and I'm on the verge of
getting the place fumigated professionally - but its going to cost $500. And
I've got to move my large two fish tanks out of the way- which isn't easy.

There are spider webs around the house- but mostly outside - and in the 2nd
floor roof area which I can't reach. Every so often, I see what looks like
the black house spider on my carpet.

BTW, my place is a weatherboard brick veneer house- 2 levels - built 25
years ago - the carpet is original. Its fairly dry here- no damp.

Have you recently given up drinking alcohol?