Old 04-02-2008, 05:33 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Calling Len

George.com wrote:

I basically want to rig a bodge job for a few dollars. The outlet hose
is quite a bit bigger than a standard garden hose. I don't want to pay
much money for any hosing if possible. Unless I can get my hands on 20
odd lengths of the WM outlet hose & find a simple way of joining them I
think I may be stuck with a smaller diameter hose (like garden hose) &
some mechanism to have to narrow the diameter down. Bunnings here would
charge about $6 per metre length which runs out to around $100 bucks for
something that would do the back lawn. Too much for my liking. If you
have any bright ideas let me know. I will report back on my progress.

Using standard garden hose is not going to work, unless the washing
machine empties into a surge tub (laundry sink?). If you try and use the
wm pump to pump it that length, you will end up burning it out.

Sounds like you are just goingto have to bite the bullet and buy stuff
unless yuou want to scavenge vacume cleaner hosing or such.