Old 04-02-2008, 12:27 PM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Calling Len

George.com wrote:

you mean the pump will burn out if I try to force water through a
NARROWER diameter pipe? Or it will burn out if I try & pump the water 20
odd metres down the SAME diameter pipe?

Both. My understanding of WM pumps are that they are generally designed
to pump out the WM for a maximum head of about 1 metre, aka the height
of the generic laundry tub.

My wife may let me get away with a crap looking length of pipe but not
likely a big bin outside the window.

2nd hand laundry tub with a couple of water (or water loving) plants in
it in pots {:-).