Old 04-02-2008, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Mystery Weed

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from Malisobel
contains these words:

I am new to the UK from the US and haved moved into a wonderful cottage
with a rather extensive but overgrown garden. There is something(I can
only assume that it is a weed) that has taken over virtually every inch
of the beds, but after scouring the internet, I have been unable to
identify it. Can anyone help? I would also appreciate any advice on
eradicating it. I would like to clear my beds and plant, but would hate
for it to take over again, as it looks like it is quite aggressive. Any
help would be great!

White comfrey, and it's not a weed, it's a medicinal herb.

Well, it's a weed if it's not wanted :-)

But I think it's very pretty, trouble is it CAN take over.

Mary
--
AnneJ