Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Kymberly Fergusson

Default Bug problem

Byrnro wrote:

Hi

I not too sure if you are talking about the immature vegetable bug or
harlequin bug which looks small and is black with white markings if so
kill them by
squashing them. Clean any rubbish under the plants as this is where they
breed.

Bobby

Hi Bobby, Andrew,

Thanks for the pointers. I chased up pictures on the web of the bugs
suggested, but none seem to match.
I did clean out all the weeds today in 2 of my beds, and found that the
black with white spotted bug is a juvenile of a green bug (bigger), with a
black section and white spots. I squished them. They seem to like corn
and tomatoes. Haven't seen them on anything else.
The pyrethrum seemed to do a great job on the babies covering some of the
plants/weeds.

Thanks for your help, and I'll keep looking. If I figure out what they are,
I'll post again.

Kym
--
Kymberly Fergusson